Here it is, folks. You've seen me post on Facebook about my *picture-perfect* life, and now here it is. A blog to collect those moments that require more than a status update will allow.
For those of you new - here's a little bit about myself. I met my husband at Michigan Tech where we were both studying to be engineers (although I argue that we are both inherently engineers in all of our beings - the education or job thereafter are just natural effects of how we were made). He asked me out at a Halloween party where he was dressed as Gene Simmons, leather pants and all. I was dressed as a "twin" with my friend because there was a better party I was saving my good costume for. Anyway, I said yes.
On our first date, we saw Soldier (hands-down the worst movie ever created) and went out for a Chocolate Chipper Sundae at Perkins. I later learned that my then-first-date now-husband does not eat ice cream. Or chocolate chip cookies. This was a sundae combining the two. During our chat over ice cream (which I unashamedly ate most of. I was a girl at Michigan Tech - there was nothing to lose), Jerry asked me "What do you plan on doing with your degrees?" (I dual majored. I snuck a business degree in there, too) to which I answered "Well, I've already interned with GM. So I'll probably work for them. But I plan on being a stay-at-home mom."
BOOM. First date. How's that for bold? But really - that's what I always wanted to be. First date fodder? Well, if you are efficient, then yes. Why pull punches? (If you question my boldness, feel free to Google "guy to girl ratio at Michigan Tech")
So here we are. Nearly 15 years after that monumental first date. We have since had 5 children. And here I am, a stay at home mom. It gets better - I now homeschool. So those days where I am sitting on the floor, rocking in the corner because of the craziness that is our household, Jerry chuckles and tells me lovingly, "You're living the dream! This is what you've always wanted!"
There's more background I could tell. But apparently my kids are hungry, and it's lunch time. Why do they need to eat so many times a day!?!?
To those that wanted a blog - I hope this doesn't disappoint. For those that found this blog because you actually wanted to hear about a trophy wife, then I apologize. You are a victim of my sense of humor.
You have delivered in Nett style. No disappointment here. I am so excited to read this blog every day. You will post every day, right? How hard can that be? While rocking in the corner, blog.
ReplyDelete